Visual mess

Subject: Visual mess
From: Steven Owens <uso01 -at- MAILHOST -dot- UNIDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1993 09:24:49 -0600

Margaret Gerard (margaret -at- toshiba -dot- tic -dot- oz -dot- au) asks:
> I sent a long post on TQM, which, when it was re-posted to me, looked
> appalling and the part of it that was a table was unreadable. What
> should I be doing about line length to avoid this problem.

This is one of those questions addressed by Emily Postnews :-)
Looks like I'll have to buckle down and crosspost those messages. The
rule of thumb is to keep lines down to 78 characters or less. Most
people have 80 character terminals and you want to leave a one or two
space margin.

Steven J. Owens
uso01 -at- unidata -dot- com