Re: Hypercard Scripting

Subject: Re: Hypercard Scripting
From: Brad Mehlenbacher <brad_m -at- UNITY -dot- NCSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1993 12:39:18 -0500

Gwen; Linda-->

Hypercard scripting books are a tricky business, 'cause you've got to
decide what level your "scripters" are at--e.g., Goodman's book on
scripting is more of an introduction to the notion of programming which,
frankly, bores a lot of programmers. My favorite is "Apple HyperCard
Script Language Guide: The HyperTalk Language. (1988). Addison-Wesley.
ISBN 0-201-17632-7. Very reference-y. Also, you might want to check out
"HyperCard Stack Design Guidelines" (1989). Addison-Wesley. ISBN
0-201-51785-1. These are books for HyperCard Hackers and Scripters, not
what's HyperCard? type users.

Hope the above's useful; cheers, Brad.