Customer feedback (formerly Re: Minimalist Writing)

Subject: Customer feedback (formerly Re: Minimalist Writing)
From: Brian Daley <briand -at- MEI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1993 07:42:14 -0600

Dave Venzke writes:

>I have instituted some of these very techniques in a Quick Start Guide
>for our data communication products. A number of people from both our
>R&D and Customer Support departments were quite pleased with the result.
>I have yet to hear what customers think, though.

Dave,

What methods do you use to gather feedback from your customers? We talk
with in-house servcie and customer support personnel and have a response
card in every manual that goes out, but typically only a couple of percent
of the cards are returned.

Thanks,

-BD

Brian Daley | Marquette Electronics, Inc.
briand -at- mei -dot- com | Diagnostic Division - Technical Communication
(414) 362-3133 | 8200 West Tower Avenue
FAX: (414) 357-5988 | Milwaukee, WI 53223 USA