Typeface Info

Subject: Typeface Info
From: Tracey Showalter <tshowalt -at- SCTCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1993 11:27:33 -0500

If anyone wishes to read about fonts/typefaces, I wholeheartedly recommend the
following:

_Stop Stealing Sheep & find out how type works_ by Erik Spiekermann and E.M.
Ginger, Adobe Press, $19.95 U.S. (you can order it directly by calling (in the
U.S.) 1(800) 428-5331.)

_The Macintosh Font Book: Typographic Tips, Techniques, and Resources_, 2nd
ed., Erfert Fenton, Peachpit Press, $23.95 U.S. - usually available at a good
book store.

It's name is deceiving -- although portions of it are directed exclusively at
the Mac, not all are. It has a good deal of info that is applicable to
typography in any setting.

I very much want to leave the world of the Mac core fonts behind -- it's good
to know that others out there have encountered resistance as well. I'm still
trying to convince people at my company (non-writers, that is) that New York
and Geneva are not appropriate faces to use with laserprinters. And that
there's a world beyond Palatino. arrgh.

Tracey Showalter Systems & Computer Technology
Sr. Technical Writer 4 Country View Road
tshowalt -at- sctcorp -dot- com Malvern, Pennsylvania 19355