Re: TQM Revisited

Subject: Re: TQM Revisited
From: Daniel John Brinegar <6545 -at- EF -dot- GC -dot- MARICOPA -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1993 06:12:27 -0700

> Entry : 2704 (43 words)
> Author : Michael Gos <GOS -at- DT3 -dot- DT -dot- UH -dot- EDU>
> Subject : Re: TQM Revisited
> Written : 11/03/93.01:47pm

> In following this thread, one question keeps coming to mind. Perhaps some of
> you out there have worked with both and can shed some light on this. How does
> TQM differ from the Quality Circles that were so hot in the mid-80's?

> Michael
Okay, here we go...

o Quality circles are a part of TQm...but are used differentl...
Quality Cirlcles of the eighties were, according to my sources, taken from
_Theory Z_ and other's that were trying to find useful pieces of the Japan
Inc success... but qulaity circles had always been an integral part of teh
total concept of quality management..

o Quality Circles are most often used in successful TQM organizations
as a generalist, brainstorming, strategic group of "dstakeholders"
including the CEO and the janitor....

Quality teams are the tactical, focused, problem-solving (and
smaller) groups devoted to specific tasks..

| Dan BRINEGAR aka BENU |
| Research Droid Glendale Community College |
| 6545 -at- ef -dot- gc -dot- maricopa -dot- edu Electronic Forum, Glendale, AZ |
| *CARSEF Manager, Phoenix STC |
| (Central Arizona Regional Science and Engineering Fair) |
| Coming in March to a High School Near You! |