Re: Re[2]: Grad school (PhDs)

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Grad school (PhDs)
From: Corinne Stefanick <Temp2%GMP%Chiron -at- LARRY -dot- CHIRON -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1993 12:32:23 PST

Just one more word on the "man" "woman" terminology issue:

What do we think about "All men are created equal...."? They really didn't
mean ALL men and they surely didn't mean women at all when talking about who
has the right to own land and vote! I'm afraid I bought the notion for many
years that "men" was a generic term for all of us until I learned about women's
suffrage battles that had to be fought for 50 years.

Whether we like it or not, "men" doesn't mean all of us.