Re: Value of a Ph.Ds.

Subject: Re: Value of a Ph.Ds.
From: Ed Costello <epc -at- COSTELLO -dot- MCL -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1993 16:32:42 GMT

One problem I've noticed is that academic research, while being very
complete and informative, frequently lacks any relevance to issues and
problems encountered in the "corporate" world. For example, we're
currently struggling with the shift to SGML and concomitant to that
is the idea of writing "reusable" chunks of information. Are either
of these issues being studied in the different writing programs?
-ed costello
costello -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com