STC Northern California Technical Publications Competition

Subject: STC Northern California Technical Publications Competition
From: Corinne Stefanick <Temp2%GMP%Chiron -at- LARRY -dot- CHIRON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1993 12:40:27 PDT

Hello fellow listers:

Just a quick note to let you all know that we in the SF Bay Area are in
the middle of our annual Tech Pubs Competition and are looking forward to our
awards banquet February 12 at the Claremont Spa/Resort Hotel in the
Berkeley-Oakland Hills with Howard Rheingold as our keynote speaker.

I was fortunate enough to meet Howard last week in Sausalito and have
him sign my copy of his latest book, The Virtual Community, which is
wonderful reading. If you want to learn more about the history and future
of this medium, about cyberspace communities, and what will happen next year
when the federal gov't no longer funds the Internet, get this book.
We're making it available at discount to STC attendees of the five Bay Area
chapter meetings and at the banquet where the author will autograph copies.

If you're interested in hearing any further details about our competition,
Visions of the Scribe, Howard Rheingold's book (this is his 13th), and the
awards banquet, let me know through the list.

Corinne Stefanick
Visions of the Scribe PR Manager