help on writing-editing work flow

Subject: help on writing-editing work flow
From: "Janet Jeffery, UT Aus" <JJEFFERY -at- UTXVMS -dot- CC -dot- UTEXAS -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1993 18:20:29 -0500

I'm working with a team of writers and one desktop publisher in a state agency.
The team is rather new and we are trying to put together an optimum work flow
process from the interview with the programmer all the way to the final edit.
I have always been the only writer-editor-desktop publisher on board in previous
jobs so am at a loss when understanding how a team works together to produce
one book. Some of the writers can double as editors but we anticipate something
of a bottleneck if we only have one desktop publisher and the writers themselves
quit doing that part of the project.

If any or all of you who have worked on a team can tell me how you handle this,
I would appreciate it. My e-mail address is jjeffery -at- utxvms -dot- cc -dot- utexas -dot- edu -dot-
Thanks, Janet Jeffery