Re[2]: On-line vs. online

Subject: Re[2]: On-line vs. online
From: Bonni Graham <Bonni_Graham_at_Enfin-SD -at- RELAY -dot- PROTEON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1993 13:54:00 EST

Kelly Hoffman (kelly -at- nashua -dot- hp -dot- com) writes:
For example, consider the phrases:
setup the menu and the setup menu
***

The company style we came up with (up with which we came?) sets
nouns as one word (e.g., use Setup to configure your system --
where Setup is the actual name assigned to the funcion), adjectives
as a hyphenated word (e.g., use the set-up tool to configure your
system -- where the name of the tool may be something else, but
it's function is setting up the system), and verbs as two words
(set up your system -- which is easier to write and read, anyway).
Anyone else?

Bonni Graham
Easel Corporation, ENFIN Technology Lab
Bonni_Graham_at_Enfin-SD -at- relay -dot- proteon -dot- com
President, SDSTC

P.S., while I seem to be luckiest in regard to automatically
replying singly or broadcast-ly(?) to messages (cc:Mail includes
options for such), almost everyone else seems to have it better
when it comes to automatic signatures (I have to type my entire
name, corporation, email address, etc. EVERY time, she cried
plaintively). What programs are people using to read their email?
I'm using ccMail 2.0 for Windows.