Online Help Style Guidelines

Subject: Online Help Style Guidelines
From: Laura Zupko <ZUPKO -at- STLVM27 -dot- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1993 14:06:57 PDT

Hi,

I'm an occasional follower of this list so I don't know if this subject
has already been addressed - I apologize if it has...

I wanted to get some opinions/information about style guidelines
for online help systems:

1) Has anyone created or used online help style guidelines and
just how useful were they?

2) What online help style guidelines are currently available
(in bookstores - not internal guidelines)?

3) What type of information do you think online help style guidelines
should include?

4) Has anyone used OS/2's Information Presentation Facility (IPF)
to create online help?

I did follow a brief topic in this list last month regarding style
guidelines but it seemed to focus specifically on books.

Oh, last question: does anyone know of an online help style guideline
for Windows-based products?