Re: Multimedia

Subject: Re: Multimedia
From: Lori Lathrop <lathropl -at- DNS -dot- IRM -dot- R9 -dot- FWS -dot- GOV>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1993 08:00:47 MDT

Saul Carliner asks

> So what do you think of the merger of Bell Atlantic and TCI? How do
> you think it will change the nature of multimedia as we know it today?

I've been wondering the same thing. Judging from the local news broadcasts
and what I've read in the local paper (The Denver Post), it all sounds
pretty exciting -- putting "...phones, computers and television into a
single box...."

What I'm really wondering is how long it will take for the new technology
to become reality. They'll have to jump through some hoops to get regulatory
approvals first and, according to the article in the Post, that could take
at least a year.

I'm not holding my breath, but I've played around with multimedia stuff a bit,
and I'm anxious to see some advances in the technology.

Lori Lathrop
Lathrop Media Services
Georgetown, CO
INTERNET:76620 -dot- 456 -at- compuserve -dot- com
or lathropl -at- mail -dot- fws -dot- gov