Re: Grammar & Style Checkers

Subject: Re: Grammar & Style Checkers
From: Charles Woodson <woodson -at- DEWEY -dot- SOE -dot- BERKELEY -dot- EDU>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1993 07:23:32 GMT

In article <199309151723 -dot- AA00936 -at- medrcw -dot- b17b -dot- ingr -dot- com>
rcwhiteh -at- medrcw -dot- b17b -dot- ingr -dot- com writes:
>Does anyone use a grammar/style checker as part of their normal
>documentation development workflow?

I use the spell checker and grammar checker in MSWORD. I find them both
very helpful. When I write the first draft I pay no attention to spelling
or grammar, and type away at 150 wpm. In the revision process, it helps
to have any criticism you can get and these programs, although far from
complete, help.

I also use grammatik and writers workbench (UNIX) too. They give somewhat
different results but are also useful.