Re: one-person dept.

Subject: Re: one-person dept.
From: "Michele Gordan (RV)" <micheleg -at- OSCAR -dot- IMS -dot- BELLCORE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1993 09:50:19 -0400

I just left a job where I was an overworked one person department. I was there
for 3 years and often worked weekends, overnights, 70+ hour weeks. TI learned
quite a bit - it was my first tech writing position - and now I've used that
knowledge to get a
much more "healthy" position. Did you ever think about hiring an intern? or
training the dept. secretary to do some of the maintenance work? Both of theese
things will lighten your load.