Re: Resumes

Subject: Re: Resumes
From: "J.Ashley" <IACJEA -at- ASUACAD -dot- BITNET>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1993 09:51:10 -0700

What is the generaly opinion on hiring someone to do a resume for you
(i.e., getting it printed on nice-looking paper, etc.) Are the
results worth it (in other words do you get the job?!)

I vividly remember while working a temporary job a few years ago, I happened
to be in the office where the head of the project was going over
applications. He pulled out one resume done on light blue parchment that
was beautifully formatted and printed. He made the comment that it was
the nicest looking resume he had seen in the bunch. He passed it around
and we all said, "oh, yes, someone did a nice job on this."

Then he took it back and tossed it in the trash!

Jennifer in Phoenix