Advice, anyone?

Subject: Advice, anyone?
From: Jacobs Chris <jacobs_chris -at- SMTPMAC -dot- ADS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1993 13:38:59 U

Hello! I think this note may be more an expression of frustration than anything
else. But perhaps some of you who have had to deal with this problem can advise
me on how you reacted to the situation and/or deal with the frustration.

I work for a contractor who sometimes delivers software & other highly
technical reports to a government client. This particular report is about 250
pages long, and was delivered last month. My task was to edit this report for
proper grammar, adherence to the GPO stylebook, and format consistency. We
recently received the report back, red-lined where 'errors' were perceived.
Apparently the 'technical editor' of the client had read over the report for
any errors of the type I mention. The red-lining has added numerous errors into
this report. Colons where colons should NEVER go (ie after a verb, at the end
of a sentence, etc.); misspelled words, and worst of all, it introduces
inconsistencies into the report (numerals 1-10 erratically replace "one"
through "ten,", the periods are all placed outside of quotation marks and
inside parenthetical expressions. ARRGH!!!! What is a person to do? Deliver
what the client requests, right or wrong? Point out the errors that have been
added and hope for the best? HELP!!!!!!!