Re: State's Names

Subject: Re: State's Names
From: Len Olszewski <saslpo -at- UNX -dot- SAS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1993 08:32:57 -0500

I know that I'm joining this discussion late, but I might mention that a
very powerful software system with which I am acquainted supplies with
it's base product a series of functions which alternatively accept as
arguments or return as results U.S. Federal Information Processing
Standards (FIPS) codes, ZIP codes, state postal codes and state names
(all upper, or mixed case). Thus, if you know one of these things, you
can figure out the other (except, of course, knowing only a state
wouldn't yield a zip code, said software isn't *that* smart).

This may or may not be a reason to *buy* said software, but if you
process a lot of addresses, this would be nice, eh? Email me, and I'll
send you the particulars. I won't make anyone else read the ad 8-).

|Len Olszewski, Technical Writer | "Never confuse motion for action." |
|saslpo -at- unx -dot- sas -dot- com|Cary, NC, USA| - Ernest Hemingway |
| Opinions this ludicrous are mine. Reasonable opinions will cost you.|