Re: Society for Documentation Professionals?

Subject: Re: Society for Documentation Professionals?
From: Ken d'Albenas <kendal -at- AUTOTROL -dot- CUC -dot- AB -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1993 16:25:22 MDT

> From: "DTN 381-2430 or 244-7167 25-Aug-1993 1131 (ZKO AKO)"
> <raven -at- CFSCTC -dot- ENET -dot- DEC -dot- COM>
> Subject: Society for Documentation Professionals?

> Hi,
> I'm looking for membership information (e.g., how do I become a
> member) of the Society for Documentation Professionals. It may be a
> rather local society (Local to the Greater Boston, Mass, area.)

> Specifically, I'm looking for a few brochures on what the SDP
> is, and what you get out of belonging to it. Since I'm teaching a
> class in technical writing this fall, I'd like to be able to hand out
> a brochure or some kind of piece of paper and talk about it a bit (I
> have been to 1 of their meetings, and it was worth my while).

> If anybody has any info about it, please send it to:
> Raven -at- usable -dot- enet -dot- dec -dot- com
> 603-881-2430
> Thanks,
> Mary Beth Raven

I asked not too long ago, and was advised to direct my request to Clear
Point Consultants, tel. (508) 750-4000, and Carol Szatkowski or one of her
staff would send a brochure and a newsletter.

I made the call, but never received anything. Hope you have better luck.

Any SDP people out there? I see from the conference info that the 1994
IPCC will be in Banff. That's in the playground right outside our back
door. Does anyone know the contact person(s) for that conference?

Cheers,

Ken d'Albenas
STC Alberta Chapter
(-::
Replies to: kendal -at- autotrol -dot- cuc -dot- ab -dot- ca
Flames to: kendal@/dev/not