Re: Should STC be on this list?

Subject: Re: Should STC be on this list?
From: Carl Miller <ccm -at- MAYBERRY -dot- CRAY -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1993 11:52:39 CDT

From Susan Stewart:

> Although the program
> listed my presentation as an introductory discussion, I was flamed
> for being both too elementary and too advanced, for not presenting
> a workshop/demonstration, and for discussing particular products
> both too much and not enough.

The topic of grading and announcing the experience level of papers/
workshops at the Annual Conference was brought up in Dallas at the
STC Forum. One of the conference managers explained that it was
discontinued for exactly this reason. If a panel or workshop is
*advertised* as elementary or advanced, those in attendence get
really bent if it doesn't meet their expectations.

(Now I'm doubly sorry I missed your presentation, Susan!)

Carl Miller
ccm -at- cray -dot- com