STC conference

Subject: STC conference
From: BURGAMW1 <burgamw1 -at- TEOMAIL -dot- JHUAPL -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1993 09:06:31 EDT

At the institution where I work, as long as I present a paper I can get funding
for the annual conference. As part of the professional technical staff, I'm
encouraged to publish or present material. I used to be able to get funding
even if I didn't present a paper, but times have changed.

For many of us who feel that our needs haven't been met at past conferences, a
new PIC, the Scientific Communication Professional Interest Committee, was
formed at the last conference. We're sponsoring sessions at the next annual
meeting in most of the stems. For more information, contact Steven Peterson
(510-423-8327) or Mary Zoll (617-964-6001).

Murrie Burgan, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory