Re: Job Information

Subject: Re: Job Information
From: "Kelly K. Hoffman" <hoffman -at- LOGICRAFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1993 12:19:16 -0400

nancy ott <uupsi5!ANSOFT.COM!ott> writes:

>You need both. Having a degree can keep your resume from
>automatically being tossed in the circular file, but your experience
>will get you the job.

I agree that the experience will get you the job. A good portfolio speaks
volumes.

On the other hand, I've seen many job postings that request a fair amount
of experience (say, 8 - 10 years or more) and want a degree, too. Why? If
the degree dates back that many years, why is it important or relevant? Is
it simply a knee-jerk thing?

[rest of nancy's post deleted. For the most part, I agree with her
recommendations for folks who are still in school.]
Kelly K. Hoffman Logicraft "Reading the manual
Technical Writer 22 Cotton Road is admitting
hoffman -at- logicraft -dot- com Nashua, NH 030 defeat."