Re: comments sheets

Subject: Re: comments sheets
From: Chuck Banks <chuck -at- ASL -dot- DL -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1993 14:52:46 CDT

Steve,

We in the Public Switching Group of NEC America do
respond to the customer comment forms we receive. Every
one of them.

When we receive a customer comment form, we respond
the same day with a form letter advising the customer that
we received the comment. We log the comment and assign a
tracking number. The Supervisor receiving the comment form
reviews it for relavence to the documentation. If the
comment describes a product problem other than documentation,
the Supervisor pass the form to the appropriate department
for resolution and logs this action. Documentation problems
pass to a knowledgeable technical writer for resolution.

The resolution is passed back to the Supervisor who
prepares a second letter informing the customer of the
resolution of the reported problem, suggestion, etc. The
second letter also informs the customer which document
will contain change information and what date to expect a
copy at the customer site.

All of this is part of our customer support effort.

Resolved customer comments are saved in binders and
reviewed quarterly for trends. Causal analysis of any
trends or recurring problems yields root causes and
suggestions to management for procedural or other changes
that can correct the root causes of the identified
problems. This is part of our quality management
program.

We do encourage customer comments, but we haven't
tried a reward system yet. I'll pass your suggestion
to our quality circle for review. Such a scheme could
be just the thing to spark more feedback from our
customers.

Thanks!

Chuck Banks
--
|\\ | || // Chuck Banks
| \\ | ||_______ || Senior Technical Writer
| \\ | || || NEC America, Inc.
| \\| \\______ \\______ E-Mail: chuck -at- asl -dot- dl -dot- nec -dot- com
America, Incorporated CompuServe: 72520,411