An Introduction

Subject: An Introduction
From: 78witherspoo -at- CUA -dot- EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1993 19:20:35 GMT

Hello!

I feel a little weird for posting this, but what the hay!

My name is Tom Witherspoon, and I am an Assistant User Consultant here
at The Catholic University of America. For the past two years, I have worked
on rewriting our Users' Guide. This has been my introduction to technical
writing and I enjoy it quite a bit! Now I am hoping to use that enthusiasm to
find employment as a technical writer once I graduate in May, 1994. Anyone
have any advice to give on where to look for said employment? No sage comments
or job offers will be refused. ;)

To tell a bit about myself, I am working on a MFA in Acting here at
CUA. That's right, not Computer Science. I have worked with computers at my
undergrad, Kenyon College. I have worked extensively with VAX/VMS systems and
know WordPerfect, PageMaker, and several other document processing applications
pretty well. I do posess a BA in English from Kenyon, so I am not _totally_
coming into this from out of the blue.

That's it! I appreciate your time.

Love and pattern buffers,

Tom Witherspoon