Re: STC'S Electronic Bulletin Board

Subject: Re: STC'S Electronic Bulletin Board
From: Ad absurdum per aspera <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1993 20:43:50 GMT

Perhaps the best recourse might be to schmooze one of their
"sustaining members" into either providing or sponsoring the
access. Admittedly, this would have been easier several
years ago, when computer companies thought of $12k as a good
beer bust instead of a substantial fraction of one of the
FTEs they just lost, but it still might work.

There might also prove to be a difference in charges between
STC as a user on the Internet so we could communicate with
them, and STC as a host site where members could log in and
mailing lists could be served. Which do we want and what
would we do with it?

I'd just as soon not see my dues get any higher, especially
since IEEE grubs around in the same pocket at the same time
of year (between Christmas and tax day).

Joe
"Just another personal opinion from the People's Republic of Berkeley"