Re: Dress Code

Subject: Re: Dress Code
From: Faith Weber <weber -at- EASI -dot- ENET -dot- DEC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1993 09:57:14 PDT

I think it is mostly a "California thing", but it's also partly
an "engineer thing". When I lived back East I couldn't have
imagined how lax the dress code is out here, even to the point
where people (especially engineering types) are suspicious when
I dress up! On the other hand, I've met some engineers from
back East who are the same way.

I guess the point is that despite any thought that our civilization
might be advancing, we still have traces of a tribal, "If you're
not one of us, you're one of them" mentality! Even when there are
few official rules, any group seems to have unofficial rules that
are equally (or probably more) important.

Faith Weber
weber -at- easi -dot- enet -dot- dec -dot- com