Re[2]: . . .another new thread: What CAN one do on the Nets?

Subject: Re[2]: . . .another new thread: What CAN one do on the Nets?
From: Shannon L Downs <sl_downs -at- CCMAIL -dot- PNL -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1993 16:33:00 PST

Fred Boole said

>Some books:

>_Zen and the Art of the Internet: A Beginner's Guide_ by Brendan P.
> Kehoe, Prentice-Hall, August 1992, 113 pages, $22.00. (This
>is the manuscript that is also available on the net.)

>_The Internet Companion: A Beginner's Guide to Global Networking_ by
>Tracy LaQuey and Jeanne Ryer, Addison-Wesley, date?, 196 pages,
>$10.95. (Also for beginners, more information than_Zen..._.)

>_The Whole Internet User's Guide and Catalog_ by Ed Krol, O'Reilly &
>Associates (nuts -at- ora -dot- com), date?, 376 pages, $24.95. (Oriented to
>the end user, more than just a beginner's guide, more
>technical.)

Another book:

_The Internet Passport: NORTHWestNet's Guide to Our World Online,
4th ed._by Jonathan Kochmer and NORTHWestNet, NORTHWestNet
and the Academic Computer Consortium, Inc., March 1993, 515
pages, $39.95 (discounts available). For more info.
(passport -at- nwnet -dot- net) or FAX (206) 562-4822 or Phone (206)
562-3000.

Topics include: Internet Overview, E-mail, Mail Servers,
Etiquette, Mail Gateways, Telnet, FTP, File ARchives adn
Compression, Usenet, LISTSERV, Mailing Lists, E-Journals,
E-Books, OPACs, Databases, Archie, Gopher and Veronica, WAIS,
CWIS, World Wide Web, Directory Services, K-12,
Supercomputers.

Shannon

(sl_downs -at- pnl -dot- gov)