What students should know

Subject: What students should know
From: Mary Massirer <Mary_Massirer -at- ENGLISH -dot- BAYLOR -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1993 14:19:23 -0600

I know this is a very broad question, but I need some insight from technical
writers. I joined this list in order to supplement my experience in the
academic world with the experience of those out in the professional world. As
a teacher of technical writing, I'd like to know what one or two things you
wish you had learned in a college technical wriing course. What should be the
essence of a student's experience in such a course? Thanks! mary_massirer@
english.baylor.edu