Getting Started in Tech Writing

Subject: Getting Started in Tech Writing
From: Thomas Krueger <tjk -at- KELVIN -dot- CAE -dot- UWM -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1993 13:41:57 -0500

I'll be graduating in a scant month with a BA English, but with little
experience, unfortunately. While I've had experience with document
preparation under UNIX (school papers, etc.), I don't have much knowledge
of PC based applications. My education has concentrated heavily on technical
writing, applied writing, and I have the same foundation that engineering
students receive.

I had hoped my nine years as an electronics technician would make me more
attractive to prospective employers, but no such luck.

Any advice for me? I'm hoping to stay in the Milwaukee area, so I think I
will have to market myself to companies around here, like Ken Cook Co.,
for example. Thanks in advance.

- Tom

Thomas Krueger UW-Milwaukee Engineering Electronics Shop
tjk -at- kelvin -dot- cae -dot- uwm -dot- edu +1 (414) 229-5172
Moderator: rec.audio.high-end, Info-Fortune, and Mystery mailing lists