Re: Is everyone going to Dallas?

Subject: Re: Is everyone going to Dallas?
From: Jeanne F Fullerton <jf44+%ANDREW -dot- CMU -dot- EDU -at- CARNEGIE -dot- BITNET>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1993 09:55:04 -0500

Hi, I'm a masters student in professional writing at Carnegie Mellon and
I'd like to know whether companies look favorably upon temporary
employees (I'd only be a 3- to 6-month employee or subcontractor) who
take time off to go to the STC conference. Is there a way to soften the
blow to the company ("Who the heck does this temp think she is to go
away for 4 days to a conference when there is work to be done?!)

The cost of the conference would have to come out of my own pocket
(thank goodness for student rates!) so it would not be like they are
losing what they paid for.

Any suggestions or related experiences would be appreciated.