paradigm for tech comm?

Subject: paradigm for tech comm?
From: Young -at- UNX -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1993 22:43:57 CST

Hi, I'm Young Kim, a graduate student in technical communication
at Oklahoma State Univ. Each semester, I take two classes and
teach two sections of Intermediate Technical Writing for juniors
and seniors.

Currently, I am studying the history of scientific and technical
writing. After reading Thomas S. Kuhn's _Structure of Scientific
Revolutions_, we have been examining various historical documents
and discussing the paradigm for technical writing.

As technical writers, what do you think is the paradigm for technical
writing? I realize that this question is not as practical as some
discussed on this list, but I believe that this questions is important
in establishing technical communication as a profession and defining
technical communication.

I'm looking forward to your comments.

Young Kim young -at- unx -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu