Aw: Sidetracked: AI-based writing assistants

Subject: Aw: Sidetracked: AI-based writing assistants
From: e -dot- dickinson -at- gmx -dot- net
To: Nina Barzgaran <e -dot- dickinson -at- gmx -dot- net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 13:41:18 +0200

Sorry, here the missing link, meant to mention the *first tool*, too:
https://sonix.ai/
Von: "Erika Yanovich" <ERIKA_y -at- rad -dot- com>
An: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Betreff: Sidetracked: AI-based writing assistants
My original question about tools in this category got completely
sidetracked right from the beginning and morphed into a discussion
about AI for tech writing - a new and exciting topic everybody is
enthusiastic to discuss. However, AI-based writing assistants are
basically style guide enforcing tools with benefits (think about
Grammarly and such). The tools are meant for the entire organization to
enhance writing and not so much for tech writers (except they should
maintain the style guide). The tools now also offer additional text
generation capabilities, on top of their main functionality.
With this in mind, which tool you'd consider or recommend?
TIA
Erika
Original question:
Hi all,
We checked a few options a while ago but ended up not buying anything
at the time. Now, we have another window of opportunity and I guess
these tools have added text creation capabilities (a la ChatGPT). So
what is the latest and greatest in this category?
TIA
Erika
Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy
and content development | [1]https://techwhirl.com
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as e -dot- dickinson -at- gmx -dot- net -dot-
[2]http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources
and info.
Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our
online magazine at [3]http://techwhirl.com
Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public
email archives @ [4]http://techwr-l.com/archives