Sidetracked: AI-based writing assistants

Subject: Sidetracked: AI-based writing assistants
From: Erika Yanovich <ERIKA_y -at- rad -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 05:39:11 +0000

My original question about tools in this category got completely sidetracked right from the beginning and morphed into a discussion about AI for tech writing - a new and exciting topic everybody is enthusiastic to discuss. However, AI-based writing assistants are basically style guide enforcing tools with benefits (think about Grammarly and such). The tools are meant for the entire organization to enhance writing and not so much for tech writers (except they should maintain the style guide). The tools now also offer additional text generation capabilities, on top of their main functionality.

With this in mind, which tool you'd consider or recommend?

TIA
Erika

Original question:

Hi all,
We checked a few options a while ago but ended up not buying anything at the time. Now, we have another window of opportunity and I guess these tools have added text creation capabilities (a la ChatGPT). So what is the latest and greatest in this category?
TIA
Erika
Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development | https://techwhirl.com