RE: Tips to convert Google Docs into clean HTML?

Subject: RE: Tips to convert Google Docs into clean HTML?
From: Lin Laurie <linlaurie1 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 21:18:48 +0000

I really think that it was focused on developers and they just left it in.

When I went to get errors and omissions insurance they didn't have a separate category for tech writers. They put them in with developers. I used to have to carry it as a trainer when Blue Sky/eHelp owned RoboHelp but never as a tech writer until my current contract. And because the company I work for makes medical devices, they pushed back on even insuring me at all.

But what I really learned is to read your contracts carefully if you contract on a c2c basis and don't be afraid to push back.

Lin Laurie
206.900.1861
www.linlaurie.com