RE: Empiric studies on the impact of documentation

Subject: RE: Empiric studies on the impact of documentation
From: "Janoff, Steven" <Steven -dot- Janoff -at- hologic -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, David Artman <David -at- DavidArtman -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 21:53:33 +0000

On the contrary, I've found this thread to be very enlightening, and hope that the conversation will continue.

Steve

On Thursday, March 28, 2019 3:20 PM, David Artman wrote:

Hey, man.
I begin my apologia by hoping that you are aware of my respect for you and Gene.
And perhaps techwrl's modern context is expanding to nuances of technical writers' roles as scribes/testers/advocates-of-users... as perhaps the last information funnel before deliverables are cast in bytes.

Perhaps, however, you and he could take this thread to a sidebar?

I only ask because I do not want the practical impact of the list to be lost in theory and anecdotes, and the list thereby lose recent or beginning adopters that need our experience with day-to-day challenges. Yes, the details of how you and he and we have tread and been tripped by Business and Politics are fabulous cautionary tales. Yet the folks who need us the most have almost no power to influence the issues about which you guys are trading ripostes.

I would never try to silence truth.
Is this the forum for your and his truths?

With ALL respect, and trepidation that I might have offended; David

Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development | https://techwhirl.com