Re: Looking for classes in indexing

Subject: Re: Looking for classes in indexing
From: Lin Sims <ljsims -dot- ml -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Mark Baker <mbaker -at- analecta -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 09:35:46 -0400

I'm producing PDF documents that are not available on the general internet.
They may or may not be printed out, as they happen to be guides for
installing physical devices. As far as I know, a PDF's search is limited to
what's typed in and doesn't do synonyms, and if it's printed out the best
search engine in the world is useless.

(As a side note, even if it is on the internet, I'll often check the index
of a book because the organization and idea association available in an
index is not available via Google.)