Re: Looking for classes in indexing

Subject: Re: Looking for classes in indexing
From: dick -at- rlhamilton -dot- net
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 13:55:36 -0700

Looking at the STC article, Iâm curious to get the opinion of indexers in this group on the following item on the list:

5. Do not assign page references to both the main entry level and the subentry level.

Do you agree?

I see this frequently, including in my copy of CMOS 15 and Nancy Mulvanyâs "Indexing Books." And I know itâs in our books, too (though some of those were indexed by me or the author and not by a professional:-).

Best regards,
Richard
-------
XML Press