Re: Agile, Jira tickets, and document planning

Subject: Re: Agile, Jira tickets, and document planning
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 10:25:25 -0700

Making publishable docs part of the definition of done makes sense if
the software actually ships at the end of each sprint (which usually
means SaaS).

Otherwise I'd make the definition of done just that docs has a plan
and has signed off. My most extreme example of why was a case where it
took a developer maybe half a day to update a major open-source
component of the product but it took me three more to document the
insanely complex process of migrating existing installations to that
update. Same for QA.