Re: Creating Technical Documents in Word

Subject: Re: Creating Technical Documents in Word
From: Mike Starr <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 13:30:08 -0600

I've found that internal corporate support is generally completely clueless with advanced word. I continue to use Word 2003 with no issues (although I just bought a copy of Office Professional 2016 which I'm in the process of customizing the bejeezus out of in order to make available the Word 2003 features they've hidden). If you can't make Word do most of the things you need since you abandoned it ten years ago how do you know?

Best Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Starr, Writer
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - WordPress Websites

On 3/10/2018 1:20 PM, Robert Lauriston wrote:

I blame the tool when I get on the phone with support and they tell me
it's a known bug that they haven't fixed yet, which is what happened
with Word.

Maybe it's not as buggy today as it was ten years ago, but it doesn't
do most of the things I need anyway.