Re: Resume Writing Part 2

Subject: Re: Resume Writing Part 2
From: Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 14:01:27 -0800

It is not just the t-letter gaining traction, it is the matching between each job requirement and recent, demonstrated work experience. The State of California job application process for technology jobs requires that applicants prove their work experience for each job requirement. Sometimes, this is handled in a form with employment dates and references, other times it is handled in a cover letter that delineates each requirement and experience with dates.

Modern resume designs follow this trend to match requirements with work history and tend to abandon design, as design is not read by a computer and it can interfere machine scanning. I had one resume with what I thought was a simple design but once it was received, it was mutilated by technology; nothing was where I put it. Layout is usually lost, fonts are changed to the employer's default, and graphics are often stripped. Some employers have a specific format or template for the resume to follow that often resembles a boring application form.

On 11/16/2017 12:38 PM, Cardimon, Craig wrote:

... I have heard of T-letters gaining some traction and acceptance.