Re: Request to take survey

Subject: Re: Request to take survey
From: Daniel Friedman <daniel -dot- friedman42 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Mark Baker <mbaker -at- analecta -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 08:55:56 -0400

I've done in previous jobs social media posts that augmented technical
writing. End users would go to the Facebook page, which was mostly a
promotional channel, posting technical issues / seeking technical support.
This is just how people search for information in this day and age.

While the policy was to refer people to technical support / customer
service channels for support questions, I would provide support alerts
(product updates or notices) that we were posting to the marketing
department to post on Facebook. Usually it would be a brief description
linking back to a more detailed support article on the website, which was
easier to edit, maintain, etc. This helped be proactive about issues that
were coming up in the field without expecting users to actively go to the
website for information.

*Daniel Friedman*
*friedmantechpublications.com* <http://friedmantechpublications.com>