LinkedIn job listings - any tweaks available for better suggestions ?

Subject: LinkedIn job listings - any tweaks available for better suggestions ?
From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TechWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 15:45:28 -0700

Hello, WR-L-ers,

Until ârecentlyâ (not actually sure if itâs a month or threeâtime does fly these days!), the LinkedIn email message that listed the companies who âare looking for candidates like youâ always contained relevant and appropriate technical writing jobs. But then all of a sudden there were hardly any tech writing jobs in the list, and LinkedIn decided I wanted to âmove upâ to be a CTO, a QA Director, a Lead Engineer, a Program Manager, etc.

In the last couple of weeks the mix has gotten betterânow maybe 70% of the jobs are again tech writing jobs. But thatâs still a far cry from âbeforeâ, where 99% of the jobs were a fit for my profile. (They werenât really a good fit for me personally given that I only work on a corp-to-corp contract basis, and take only contracts where I can work mostly remotely, but LinkedIn canât be expected to know that.)

So Iâm wondering if other people have experienced this change in what LinkedIn is sending for jobs, and whether there are any settings or tweaks that can be made to customize what LinkedIn sends?

I did finally find a few very high-level search filters when viewing Jobs on LinkedIn, but that seems totally separate from the email message I receive. As well, I have set up a simple âjob alertâ with the keywords, âtechnical writerâ. But I donât think that this is related to the email either because when I view the job alert results on LInkedIn, its results are not what is shown in the email that I get.

Thanks for ideas,
-Monique