Re: Client access to edit Help

Subject: Re: Client access to edit Help
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: TechWriter <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 10:15:37 -0700

Generally speaking, Confluence and all other wikis can't do what
Suzette wants. Any edits are visible to everyone. Converting to Word
would not allow customers to modify the online help.

You could give customers an export of a Confluence spacespace and let
them import it into their own Confluence instance, where they could
revise it at will. In other words, you give them the source file and
they have to buy the authoring tool. The plus with Confluence is that
they might have it already, which is probably not the case with a
traditional HAT.