XML to HTML conversion - thanks and update

Subject: XML to HTML conversion - thanks and update
From: Sue Jones <suej_be -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 13:05:35 +0000 (UTC)

Hello all,
thanks so much to everyone who responded to my question, both on the list and privately. More than anything, your responses helped to get my problem solving cells going and I've found the solution to my problem. Hidden in plain sight - as most of them are.

The tool that I use to create our documentation actually has an option to create HTML help (which I have used in the distant past), but the finished output is usually displayed in a browser. I found that the HTML files are created, but are then automatically deleted when the final output is displayed. After doing some rooting around I found the option to turn that automatic deletion off and save all of the HTML files to a temporary folder, which I then have to delete manually if I don't want to keep the files. So...the upshot is that I have my HTML output and my problem is solved.
Thanks for all your triggers! You guys have no idea how much work this saves me as just one of our solutions can have over 100 help topics. I am the sole author for all eight or so solutions that we currently support on two platforms. I need these HTML files because within a few months we will have to support another platform that requires the raw HTML. I love being a TW, but today I'm actually frickin' ecstatic!! It's definitely a wine with dinner day...

Thanks again guys!Sue.ÂGrt. Mrs. Sue Baars-Jones "To achieve greatness...start where you are, use what you have, do what you can." Arthur Ashe.