Re: New writer looking for advice

Subject: Re: New writer looking for advice
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 18:47:19 -0700

One of the most important factors in improving speed and productivity
is eliminating distractions. It's hard for me to believe that anyone
whose inbox is in the corner of their eye at all times is working at
close to peak efficiency. Having a chat window open while working is
like texting while driving.

When working, I'm typically juggling my authoring tool, the web
client, command-line client, and error-message display for the
application I'm documenting, several text files, a file browser,
email, one or two JIRA windows, maybe SnagIt or a bitmap editor. I can
context-switch between those with keyboard shortcuts as fast as I can
switch my gaze between two windows. About the only time I arrange
windows so I can see two at once is when I want to see if the server
throws errors when I do something in the client.

Adobe TCS 5: Get the Best of both worlds: modern publishing and best in class XML \ DITA authoring | http://adobe.ly/scpwfT