RE: $500 million for an error in a policy manual

Subject: RE: $500 million for an error in a policy manual
From: Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- nuot -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 11:52:48 -0500

I can easily imagine someone losing the "in" in "inorganic" during a revision. Any good tech editor would do a change comparison before the manual release, find that subtle but huge change, and verify whether it was intentional.

I agree about the "policy manual." Not having access to the source documents, I don't know whether (a) they really keep their work instructions in a policy manual, or (b) they have separate work instructions, and the reporter was in error.