Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for June 27, 2014
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 11:13:19 -0400

Over the years, Iâve let go of some bad habits (like smoking--good for me!)
and unfortunately, some good ones as wellâliking tackling a list of summer
projects that need doing, or working my way through a summer reading list.
Iâm betting Iâm not the only one.

So if you need to start up a summer reading list, may I suggest starting
with some of the books reviewed by members of our very Special Writers
Unit? Like Jill Parmanâs review of *Content Strategy for Mobile*.
<http://techwhirl.com/book-review-karen-mcgrane-content-strategy-mobile/>
Iâd follow that with a regular dose of all the content strategy, tech comm,
customer experience goodness you find around TechWhirl.

As for those summer projects, if we werenât the folks organizing it, Iâd be
well down the path of finishing up my entry for the Customer Experience
Recognition Awards <http://awards.techwhirl.com/>. And I might be looking
around for tools to help with my daily workload, like HelpIQ
<http://company.techwhirl.com/2014/06/welcome-helpiq/>, which we got to
welcome to TechWhirl this week. Or maybe Iâd be figuring out how to do a DITA
Content Audit <http://techwhirl.com/dita-content-audit-qa/> (with a little
help from Jacquie Samuels); or reviewing my content trying to âget the but
outâ of there <http://techwhirl.com/word-wise-get/> (as encouraged by
Marcia Johnston). Then Iâd take a break and see what else is going on out
there in the interwebs, guided by Tech Writer This Week
<http://techwhirl.com/tech-writer-week-june-26-2014/>. And Iâd follow it up
with a review of the latest debates on the email discussion list
<http://techwr-l.com/>.

Then Iâd probably schedule a vacation to recover from my vacation.

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>*
*:*

- Tech Writer This Week for June 26, 2014 | http://bit.ly/1sHoleW
- Book Review: Karen McGraneâs Content Strategy for Mobile, by Jill
Parman | http://bit.ly/1jO6Hg3
- Word Wise: Get Your But Out of There, by Marcia Riefer Johnston |
http://bit.ly/1nC4CF4
- DITA Content Audit Q&A, by Jacquie Samuels | http://bit.ly/1izhEqG
- Tech Comm as Craft or Commodity (poll) | http://bit.ly/1ocUQ01

*Technical Communication news on **http://TechWhirl.com/news*
<http://techwhirl.com/news>*:*

- Content Marketing Institute acquires Intelligent Content Conference
(ICC) | http://ow.ly/2J0wIW

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page â whatâs happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

Sponsored Posts

- EasyDITA: When do you need a DITA consultant, and why?
<http://easydita.com/when-do-you-need-a-dita-consultant-and-why/>
- MadCap: Guest Post: Author! Author! With MadCap Flare
<file:///C:/Users/Connie%20Giordano/Google%20Drive/TechWhirl/Content%20Development/Weekly%20Update/Previous%20Editions/Guest%20Post:%20Author!%20Author!%20With%20MadCap%20Flare>
- Scriptorium: From soccer balls to content strategy: the kick of change
resistance
<http://www.scriptorium.com/2014/06/from-soccer-balls-to-content-strategy-the-kick-of-change-resistance/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=from-soccer-balls-to-content-strategy-the-kick-of-change-resistance>
- Adobe Systems: Internet of Things: Expensive Luxury for the Rich or
More Sustainable Equity for All?
<file:///C:/Users/Connie%20Giordano/Google%20Drive/TechWhirl/Content%20Development/Weekly%20Update/Previous%20Editions/Internet%20of%20Things:%20Expensive%20Luxury%20for%20the%20Rich%20or%20More%20Sustainable%20Equity%20for%20All?>

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special âthank youâ to our sponsors for their
support. Including our newest sponsor, HelpIQ. Thanks to all of you!

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems Incorporated
<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>, Madcap Software
<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>

*Silver*: easyDITA <http://easydita.com/>, HelpIQ <http://www.helpiq.com/>

*Helping the world explore the art of content and communications*
Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: *plus.google.com/+techwhirl
<https://plus.google.com/+techwhirl>*

Doc-To-Help 2014 v1 now available. SharePoint 2013 support, NetHelp enhancements, and more. Read all about it.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/NNcWqS