Re: RE: More about the changes coming to tech writing

Subject: Re: RE: More about the changes coming to tech writing
From: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 15:03:51 -0500 (CDT)

In the Boston area, Meetups for technical interest groups are huge, and
the ones I've been to are bursting at the seams -- with a very young
crowd. Despite the attractions of webinars, texting, Skype, etc., the
rooms are full and people really seem to enjoy being together.
I'd add that the meetups are free, usually pizza and beer are provided,
and the locations tend to be urban. People can get to them using the
bus and subway, or by riding their bikes once the Boston winter goes
away. Often the location is the meeting room of a headhunting company
that is looking for talent in that technical area.
People really like getting together, even in this digital age.
I often think about how to merge that age group and mind set with the
STC mindset, a lot of which was formed in the boom years of the 80s and
90s.
My two cents.
Doc-To-Help 2014 v1 now available. SharePoint 2013 support, NetHelp enhancements, and more. Read all about it.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/NNcWqS