Prof/Tech Communicators' Perceptions of Usage Error (Survey Invitation)

Subject: Prof/Tech Communicators' Perceptions of Usage Error (Survey Invitation)
From: Ryan Boettger <noreply -at- qemailserver -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 09:04:00 -0600 (MDT)

Dear TECHWR-L Community,

Last July, I emailed a survey invitation to professional and technical
communicators that measured their perceptions of usage error. Over 170
professionals responded to my survey, but I would like to increase that
participation level.

Please consider taking the survey if you haven't already:
[1]https://unt.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0SACikD4bXBtPmc.

The survey will record your opinions on errors related to grammar and
mechanics, punctuation, spelling, style, content, and design. It will
also ask you to provide examples of sentences that you use to explain
some usage errors to your co-workers. Respondents are taking an average
of 25 minutes to complete the survey, and the results will offer a
better perspective of which error types practitioners value over
others. Please respond to each question as if you were evaluating the
writing of a prospective employee/co-worker.

If you're short on time, the survey software automatically saves the
UNT's Institutional Review Board. Email me at [2]ryan -dot- boettger -at- unt -dot- edu
with any questions.

Thanks for your participation,

-Ryan

Ryan Boettger, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Linguistics & Technical Communication
University of North Texas
1155 Union Circle #305298
Denton, Texas 76203
[3]940.565.4458 (TEL)