Re: Advice needed for an upcoming interview

Subject: Re: Advice needed for an upcoming interview
From: David Crosswell <davidcrosswell -at- internode -dot- on -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 05:55:34 +1000

On 24/04/13 00:02, Anonymous wrote:
> *Please post your responses to the list, as replies cannot be forwarded to
> the anonymous poster.*
>

> I have a job interview on Thursday. I documented an embedded version of the
> company's product at a previous position, so I have some familiarity with
> it. But self-doubt begins to creep in as the interview approaches,
> especially since it's scheduled to last 4 hours and includes a technical VP
> and I feel that my technical skills are my weakest attribute (shamefully, I
> don't know any programming languages).

<big snip>

You're not supposed to know about programming languages and they won't
expect you to. They already have enough personnel in that regard. What
they want is a writer. They will want to know whether you have the
ability to extract explicit and tacit knowledge from staff already in
place and write documentation that communicates and enriches the
knowledge capital of their organisation.
Cheers!

David.

--
"Res publica non dominetur."