RE: Justifying FM (was About The Cloud: Quick-Read Suggestions)

Subject: RE: Justifying FM (was About The Cloud: Quick-Read Suggestions)
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: William Sherman <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 12:06:49 -0400

I have avoided Word for docs over the years for many reasons, but not the reviewer "mess[ing] up the styles". After being bitten a few times, I either gave reviewers PDF copies, or let them mess all they wanted with a Word copy, but that version was filtered through Notepad to incorporate their changes into MY copy, that they could never touch. Hell would have frozen over before I'd use a version that somebody else gave me and simply "accept changes".

Nuh-uh!